Monday, January 19, 2009

Back to normal...

Well, it's back to normal life for my family and me. Ever since the wedding, every thing's been pretty boring. We had one week left of Christmas break after the wedding before school started up again. It was tough getting back in to the swing of things. I think it just sunk in for me this past weekend.

Alex and Venera went to Disney World for their honeymoon and had a great time! They got back on the 8th. They're now living in an apartment in downtown Waukesha right on the river. It's a really nice place! I miss Alex a lot, but he's close so we get to see him pretty often. On the 11th, it was time to send Bill back to college. After having him home for a month, it was hard to send him back again. I miss my brothers very much!

After Bill lift, my dad has been stuck with 5 women in the house! I feel bad for him not having another man around, but I think he'll be OK. I watch sports with him and manly movies (my choice, I love it). It's better then watching a chick flick every night with my mom and Rianne! ;) I think he secretly likes this whole set-up. hehe

Now that everything is settled down a bit, I'm getting ready for college. It's getting a little scary but I'm really excited! I applied to Liberty about two weeks ago as a business-economics major. I'm going to do their online school for my first two years, and then go live out in Virginia for my last two years. While I'm out there, I'm going to try out for the hockey team there. I really hope I make it! God has given me a great gift as a goalie and I'm praying that this is what He wants me to do. One other thing that I'm doing is looking for a job. I worked at Willow Run Golf Club in the summer. It was a nice job with nice people, but I'm hoping to find something else so I can start before they open again. If I don't find anything, Willow Run will work.

Showing hope -
~Katie~

No comments: