Sunday, December 7, 2008

SKATING!




Hey everyone,

It's been a while, but there hasn't been a lot going on. We've mostly been getting ready for Alex's wedding, which is in 3 weeks. The most recent thing that we've done is make an ice rink in our backyard! It's not done yet, but it will be either tomorrow or on Tuesday. My dad used to make one every year, but we haven't for a while. The first thing that we had to do was pack down all of the snow in the area that we want the ice. After it was all packed down, my dad sprayed it. My dad and I sprayed it for a few hours last night and then this morning, my dad went out at 4:00 and was out there for 3 hours spraying it. I have such an awesome dad for doing this for us! This afternoon, there were a lot of lumpy parts and holes, so we filled that up with snow and sprayed that again. It should be pretty smooth now, and hopefully we'll be able to skate on it tomorrow. Now my family can shoot on me every day, I can work on my sweet goalie skills (I'm watching Napoleon Dynamite), and hopefully get good enough to play on Liberty's hockey team in a few years. That's my plan, unless God has something else in mind for me. I can't wait to get out on our ice!

Showing hope -
~Katie~

2 comments:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is feel good......

Anonymous said...

Ice Hockey in your OWN BACK YARD?! This is what you get when you have REALLY cool people (like you) living in REALLY cool places (like Wisconsin) ;)