Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hockey



As many of you know, hockey is a huge thing in my life. I love to play it, watch it, read about it...really anything about it, I love! God has given me a pretty amazing gift to be able to play goalie as well as I do. At least, I've been told I'm pretty awesome. ;) I am very thankful for that gift and I try to use it as much as possible. One thing that makes it hard though, is that I'm not on a team. Instead, I have to wait until The Pettit Center has some open pick-up sessions. This can get pretty tiresome and frustrating.

Yesterday I got to play on a real rink (other than the one in our backyard) for the first time since around September. It felt so good! Every time I play, I get a new love for the game and it makes me want to play even more. After I played yesterday, I became so thankful for the Pettit. If they didn't have any pick-up, I wouldn't be able to play at all. The Lord is definitely providing for me!

Playing at the Pettit, I get to meet some pretty cool (and not so cool) people. Two pretty amazing people that I met there are Marc and Joel Rechlicz. We (my family) had played with Marc quite a bit before we met Joel. The first time I saw both of them play, I knew that they were both extremely talented and would make it to the big leagues. Lo and behold, Joel is now playing in the NHL on the New York Islanders! I've never been so proud to say that I'm from Milwaukee. Marc is playing for a CHL team call the Odessa Jackalopes, which is affiliated with the Islanders, only a couple of steps away from the NHL. He has a contract with the Islanders, so I know that one day he will be joining his brother Joel. I wish those two the best of luck in their hockey careers, and I pray that God will continue to bless them.

Showing hope -
~Katie~

No comments: