Monday, August 24, 2009

Missing those little ones!

It's been a little over a week now since we returned from China. Boy, do I miss those little nuggets over there! My life seems so empty now without little orphans to love on and with no projects to do around the buildings. I also miss my whole team so much! We came so far together and we all bonded so quickly. It's just not the same without them around. Since I never finished the day-by-day updates, I'll fill you in on the last couple of days.

Day 12: In the morning, we played with the babies. For lunch, we went to Subway...YUM. Once we all got our food, we headed to the Silk Market. Very cool place! I got most of my souvenirs and gifts there. I also got some Puma's for myself there...only $10! We probably stopped for some dinner on the way back to Hope, but I don't remember.

Day 13: August 14th. Last full day in
China. We left in the morning to go see Tienanmen Square and the Forbidden City. There wasn't much time to stay there and look around, so we just walked through them. After that, we went to the Pearl Market. Very similar to the Silk Market, only a little smaller. Dinner followed where we had Peking duck. I surprisingly liked it! The last thing we did that night was go to an acrobat show. This was very cool! Since that was our last night, a few of us decided to try to stay up as last as possible...we made it to 2am. Not too bad.

Day 14: Departure day. This was a very sad day. We all said goodbye to the kids in the morning. I got especially attached to one little boy, so it was hard for me to say bye to him. At about 11, we headed to the airport. We had lunch at a restaurant in the airport, then got onto our plane. 13 hours later (but still the same day...figure that one out!), I saw my family!

I am so very thankful that God gave me this opportunity to serve Him and love in His place. He brought some great people into my life that I'm sure will remain my friends for a long time.


Showing hope -
~Katie~

No comments: