Monday, December 13, 2010

I'm back!

...and I can't believe it's been over a year since I've been on here! I've had a few adventures over this past year, some not so good, but for the most part they have been the best times of my life! Let's see if I can do a quick recap of my life since I got back from China. Here goes...

Almost the minute I got home from China, I had a new job at a little hockey store called, well, Hockey Haven. My time th
ere ended in April, due to some issues with a co-worker. The choice was entirely mine to leave though and I'm still friends with everyone there. I know God had me there for a reason. Through my employment there, I developed a good friendship with my manager. I've been able to share my faith with him a little bit. I can see the wheels turning in his head, but it's all in God's hands.

From the friendships that I formed there, I've gotten connected to a bunch of different hockey leagues. This has enabled me to start playing a lot more hocke
y, which has made me really happy. The womens team that I play for sometimes, Brew City Blades, has officially put me on their roster for this season as a sub. It feels really great to be part of a team again. I pray that God can use me as His light to these women. As far as I know, I'm the only believer on the team. It's always exciting to see what God will do in these situations!

Another adventure that I started last October is Taekwondo. Never thought I would be doing it, but boy am I glad that I am! My sisters and I have made some really great friends here and we're having a great time. Rianne and I are now blue belts, and Ann
a and Emma are purple belts. Rianne and I have had the awesome opportunity to witness to one of our friends there. God is definitely working in his heart! I'm excited to see what else God has in store for David.
This picture is from our first belt graduation in the beginning of this year.

2010 kicked off with the biggest adventure of all. Rianne and I had the opportunity to visit Stephanie (a friend from the China trip) in Germany!! What a trip! We had the privilege of sharing this trip with our good friend Karmen, another China buddy. January 28th-February 8th consisted of us traipsing around Germany, France, and Austria. We had the time of our lives! Here's a couple pictures to some the trip up:
The four of us at The Louvre

Notre Dame

Chillin' in the Alps









Neuschwanstein Castle












This is getting a little lengthy, so I'll just try to sum everything up real quick: my brother graduated college in May with a bachelor in sport management from Liberty University. Oh, and he graduated summa cum laude. Very proud of him! My sister-in-law is expecting a girl in about two weeks now. It's going to be a crazy month! I spent my summer working at Willow Run Golf Club again. That marked my third summer there. Of course I did the traditional Lifest with the Froncek's and Kendrick, who is now my best friend's FIANCE! crazy. We're growing up. I guess that pretty much brings us to now.

Right now, I'm patiently (ha!) waiting for God's direction in my life. As I wait, I have another little adventure coming up with my sister...the Cayman Islands! My friend Carrie invited us to go with her family in the first week of January. So freaking excited! 18 more days and we'll be on our way...


Showing hope -
~Katie~


1 comment:

Karmen said...

yay for blogs! :) haha. that was fun to read even if I knew most of it! It's crazy how we've already been in each others lifes for over a year. We need another adventure soon, and I can't wait to hear about your Cayman Island trip!