Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Shopping. Sun. Stingrays.

It is now coming to the end of day 4 in paradise. We are all having a blast! Yesterday we spent the afternoon shopping in George Town. I actually bought a dress. And it is NOT pink! It's coral. Anyways, it's really pretty and I like it. :) When we got back from shopping, the resort had like a welcoming party thing for all of the guests. There was a raffle, dancing, and a fire show. No one in our group won anything in the raffle, but we sure danced a lot! The rest of the night we just hung out on the beach dancing.

Today we went to Rum Point! We had to go there to get out to Sting Ray City, so we just made a day of it. We snorkeled for a little bit, bather ourselves in the glorious Caribbean sun, and swam in the ocean. Then it was finally time to go to Sting Ray City! This was probably one of the coolest experiences I have ever had. We took a catamaran out to a sand bar where there are tons of stingrays just swimming around that you can practically pick up. If you handle them the right way, they are completely harmless. One of the guys from the boat came into the water with everyone and helped them hold the rays. After I held the first one, he had it swim across my back! Weirdest feeling ever, but so cool!

Once we were done with the rays, we got back onto the boat and went over to a different spot to snorkel for a little bit. Rianne and I saw a barracuda! We did that for about 30 minutes, headed back to Rum Point, then back to the resort. As if we didn't get enough swimming in already, the four of us girls headed over to the pool for a while. Oh, and I officially look like a lobster now.

Most of the pictures are on the Nelson's camera, so I try to get them up later. Maybe I'll get a few up tomorrow. I hope you're enjoying the cold!

~Katie~

No comments: