Friday, January 14, 2011

Why is the rum always gone?!

We have been back in the states for a week now, and let me tell ya; I miss the Caribbean sun like crazy! Wisconsin is the worst state to come back to after a tropical vacation. I will now attempt to recap the last days of our amazing trip.

Wednesday started out with a walk down to Dunkin' Donuts (they're everywhere!) for some morning coffee and donuts. The rest of the day consisted of sitting out in the sun getting tan...or in my case, turning into a lobster. We also did a lot of swimming in the pool there. I probably got another strawberry smoothie. So good!


On Thursday, we got to go to the sea turtle farm. One of the coolest things of the trip. We all got to hold a little baby sea turtle that was 2 1/2 weeks old. I almost died from the cuteness! Then we got to go over to some tanks where they were keeping some of the older turtles. We got to catch some and hold them for a little bit. Sea turtles just so happen to be my favorite animal, so I was lovin' this whole thing. After the turtle farm, we went back into George Town for some final snorkeling and shopping. This was the best snorkeling of the trip...until we swam into the jellyfish field! Ow. Lots of little stings from those little buggers that you couldn't see until they were smack dab in your face. Fortunately no one reacted to the stings.


We spent our last day hangin' out at the hotel packing, swimming, and taking long walks on the beach. No more tanning, for by now Rianne and I were burnt pretty bad. I would rather not get skin cancer, thank you very much. This was a bittersweet day, so we made sure not to waste it. It was a perfect ending to our trip.


As soon as I get all of the pictures, I will put a bunch up. Love you all!


~Katie~


P.S. chocolate rum fudge is delish!


 

No comments: