Friday, November 21, 2008

Tanning

Hello my lovely people,

I have recently had the wonderful (NOT!) experience of going tanning. First of all, let me tell you the reason for tanning, as it is something I would never do if it weren't for this. My brother Alex is getting married next month and I'm a bridesmaid. I figured it would be nice for the bride if her bridesmaids didn't have those lovely tan marks from swimsuits. So, therefore, and thus, I'm going tanning, along with my mom and sister.

We went on Wednesday for the first time and it was fine. Having never gone before, I just did 8 minutes in the bed. After that, I figured, "What the heck, I didn't get burned, let's kick it up to 10 minutes!" BAD IDEA! Having the body that I do, I don't go traipsin around in bikini's. Because of that, my stomach and lower back have never seen the sun. EVER! So yeah, I think you've figured it out by now. I got severely burned on my back and midriff (that's a fun word!) area. If it were up to me, I would be done with the whole tanning thing. But seeing as how my mom already payed for a whole months worth, I'm going to have to go back. This time, let's just go with 5 minutes!

Showing hope -
~Katie~

No comments: