Monday, December 27, 2010

Milwaukee Tourism

First off, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I know my family sure did!


Matt the amazing tour guide
One cool thing about having a guest from out of town, in this case out of the country, is that we get to do touristy stuff in Milwaukee. Yesterday we took a trip out to the Sprecher brewery. I learned two new things about our native beer/soda company. The first, is that they are in fact native to Milwaukee. Yes, that probably is something that I should have known already. Don't judge. The second, is that they actually brew beer! I had no idea. They actually started out as a beer brewery, then added soda a couple years later. I guess you learn somethin new every day! After a quick tour by an amazing tour guide, Matt a.k.a Dwight Schrute, we got to sample their stuff. No, I did not have any beer. Don't have a cow. But their root beer was delish!
Sample time!

Bill, dad, Duchene and 3 goofs in the back
 Today we went to The Domes. For those non-locals, they are three domes filled with flowers. Sounds fascinating, doesn't it? Well it is! One dome is tropical, one is desert, and the other is the "Show Dome". The contents of said dome are seasonal. Right now it's all Christmasy. It was a nice relaxing time of walking and lots of pictures. Tomorrow night is the much anticipated Admirals game!
Me and my momma
They obviously did not want me to sit with them. Anna and Emma so rudely pushed me off!


~Katie~

No comments: