Friday, December 17, 2010

Success

I just finished playing the piano at the Majestic...success! The day was spent with butterflies in my stomach, and worrying about what I was going to wear. As I said before, I couldn't wear jeans, t-shirt, or tennis shoes. Anyone who knows me know that this pretty much makes up my wardrobe! Fortunately I have the best "little" sister in the world. She pulled a dress out of our closet that I totally forgot about. Go figure. Because it was black, I got to wear my awesome purple heels with it. Yay!

The best part of the night was making $10 in tips (I'll up it next time!) and four movie passes. And I guess it was nice to see Abby, my best friend whom I NEVER SEE ANY MORE! But whatever. I'm not upset. I'm just angry. ;-) No really, it was really sweet that she took the time to come and see me play. While I was playing the piano, the rest of the family and Duchene went to see Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Anna and Emma really liked Caspian! True Hardin girls.


Anna, Emma, Rianne, Venera, dad, me, Duchene, mom, Bill

Needless to say, I am going to play there again. I kind of got a feel for what songs will get people's attention and what songs are kind of duds. Just a couple adjustments to my set list and I should be able to up my tippage!

Showing hope -
 ~Katie~

1 comment:

Karmen said...

Aw I'm happy it went well! That's such a neat opportunity.